Pairing the Wireless Modern Controller with the Atari VCS via Bluetooth
- Power on your Atari VCS.
- Wait for the Atari logo animation to finish playing.
- You will see a flashing blue icon on the screen to indicate that the VCS is seeking a connection.
- Press and hold the Atari Fuji logo button on the controller until you see a message on your monitor that the Atari VCS has recognized and connected to the controller.
Once a controller is paired, it will auto-connect when next powered on by simply pressing the Atari Fuji logo button. The Fuji will flash slowly, and after a few seconds you will see a message at the top of the Atari VCS screen indicating the Joystick is connected. The battery will need to be recharged occasionally by plugging into the USB.
The Atari Wireless Modern Controller is designed to work with the Atari VCS but is also compatible with most PCs, mobile devices, and Xbox consoles.
The Atari Modern Controller can also emulate an Xbox One controller. To enter the PC Mode press and hold the BACK and CONTEXT MENU buttons simultaneously for five seconds. The Atari Fuji logo button will flash on and off until the controller has entered PC Mode.
Bluetooth Pairing Troubleshooting Steps
- Confirm that the controller is charged by pressing the Atari Fuji logo button, if the button does not glow, you must connect charge the battery using the USB Play/Charge cable.
- Confirm you are following the pairing process listed above.
- Update the controller firmware in the Atari VCS Dashboard, go to SYSTEM > DEVICES > UPDATE CONTROLLERS. Please see the Software Updates article for additional information.