Pairing the Wireless Classic Joystick with the Atari VCS via Bluetooth
- Power on your Atari VCS.
- Wait for the Atari logo animation to finish playing.
- You will see a flashing blue icon on the screen to indicate that the VCS is seeking a connection.
- Press and Hold the Atari Fuji logo button on the joystick until the Fuji flashes quickly indicating it is pairing, after a few seconds you will see a message on your monitor that the Atari VCS has recognized and connected to the joystick.
Once a joystick is paired, it will auto-connect when next powered on by simply pressing the Atari Fuji logo button. The fuji will flash slowly, and after a few seconds, you will see a message at the top of the Atari VCS screen indicating the joystick is connected. The battery will need to be recharged occasionally by plugging into the USB.
Classic Joystick Troubleshooting Steps
- Confirm that the joystick is charged by pressing the Atari Fuji logo button, if the button does not glow, you must connect charge the battery using the USB Play/Charge cable.
- Confirm you are following the pairing process listed above.
- Update the controller firmware in the Atari VCS Dashboard, go to SYSTEM > DEVICES > UPDATE CONTROLLERS. Please see the Software Updates article for additional information.