Modern Controller: Troubleshooting
Posted by Luis Vera on 08 September 2020 02:19 PM
Q1. My Wireless Modern Controller is not pairing.
A1. Confirm that the controller is charged by pressing the Atari Fuji logo button, if the button does not glow, you must connect charge the battery using the USB Play/Charge cable.
A2. Confirm you are following the pairing process listed above.
A3. Update the controller firmware.
1. In the Atari VCS Dashboard, for to System -> Devices
2. Select “Update Controllers”
Q2. My Wireless Modern Controller is drifting/moving on its own or is responding inaccurately.
A1. Recalibrate your controller:
1. Connect the MicroUSB cable to the MicroUSB port of the controller.
2. Hold down the “back arrow”, “Atari Fuji logo” and “3 lines” buttons at the same time and connect the USB cable to the USB port of your VCS (or PC).
3. The LED will give a quick flash indicating this controller is in the calibrate mode.
4. Rotate the left joystick 360 degrees three times. Rotate the right joystick 360 degrees three times.
5. Press the left trigger all the way down three times. Press the right trigger all the way down three times.
6. Press both the "D-PAD Down" and "Y" button at the same time to save and exit the calibrate mode.
Playing video games can make your muscles, joints, skin, or eyes hurt. Follow these instructions to avoid problems such as tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, skin irritation, or eye strain:
* Avoid excessive play. Take a 10 to 15-minute break every hour, even if you don’t think you need it. Parents should monitor their children for appropriate play.
* If your hands, wrists, arms, or eyes become tired or sore while playing, or if you feel symptoms such as tingling, numbness, burning, or stiffness, stop and rest for several hours before playing again.
* If you continue to have any of the above symptoms or other discomforts during or after play, stop playing and see a doctor.